środa, 27 czerwca 2012

A lesson for the future

0

A week ago one of my Heteropoda lunula escaped. I was feeding her and she managed to get out of the container through a very narrow hole. If it comes to Heteropoda ssp. (and Viridasius ssp. as well) NEVER EVER underestimate these spiders! I mean their pace, not venom. These are not the spiders that run, they literally teleport! It's not a joke! They can move so fast that you won't even realize the spider's not here. I'm usually too lazy to go to the bathroom and feed my spiders there. I always assume that being cautious will be enough. But in this case it's not enough. When my Heteropoda davidbowie were small, they were really wild. Once one of them escaped and it took it less than a second to teleport itself 2 meters away. Now, when they are adult, they are so docile that I could push them with a finger and they wouldn't even move. Coming back to the subject, I was very sorry about the loss of my H. lunula. But I still believed that it was possible to find the rascal. I even developed this habit of observing everything wherever I was at home. And yesterday, when I entered the bathroom, I found it on the ceiling (yes, this spider can move on any surface). Once I approached, it performed the jump of its lifetime-it jumped 3 meters down from the ceiling to the bath. It it was a tarantula, it would be a lethal jump for sure. But thanks to its long legs, it somehow cushioned the fall. It still wasn't easy to catch it as it was running like crazy over the bath.
Tydzień temu uciekła mi jedna Heteropoda lunula. Podczas karmienia udało jej się zwiać przez małą szparkę. Jeśli chodzi o Heteropoda ssp. (a także Viridasius ssp.) ZAWSZE trzeba pamiętać o ich tempie. To są pająki, które nie biegają, tylko się teleportują! Nie żartuję! Potrafią poruszać się w takim tempie, że nawet nie zorientujesz się, że pająka już tam nie ma. Zazwyczaj nie chce mi się karmić pająków w łazience. Zawsze wychodzę z założenia, że wystarczy ostrożność. Ale w tym przypadku to nie wystarczy. Kiedy moje Heteropoda davidbowie były malutkie były prawdziwymi dzikusami. Jak mi jeden raz zwiał, to przemieszczenie się 2 metry dalej nie zajęło mu nawet sekundy. A teraz, jak już są dorosłe, to wydaje się, że mogłabym je popychać palcem, a one i tak się nie ruszą. Wracając do tematu, było mi przykro z powodu utraty H. lunula. Ale madal wierzyłam, że gdzieś znajdę łobuza. Nawet już wyrobiłam sobie taki odruch przyglądania się wszystkiemu wokół w całym domu. I wczoraj, gdy weszłam wieczorem do łazienki, znalazłam dziada na suficie (tak, te pajuny chodzą po każdej powierzchni). Jak tylko podeszłam, mój pająk wykonał skok życia-skoczył 3 metry w dół z sufitu do wanny. Gdyby to był ptasznik, z pewnością byłby to śmiertelny skok. Ale dzięki długim odnóżom, udało mu się jakoś zamortyzować upadek. I tak nie było łatwo go złapać, bo zaczął szaleć po całej wannie.
This is how it looks today. I don't dare open the box at the moment. The spider was hungry and munched a big mealworm as soon as it calmed down (not the one in the photo, that's the spare one in case it's still hungry ;) ).
Tak wygląda dzisiaj. Nie mam w tej chwili odwagi otworzyć pudełka. Pająk był głodny i od razu wciął dużego mącznika (nie tego ze zdjęcia, ten jest na zapas gdyby jeszcze zgłodniała). 

Later that evening I made a breeding attempt of my Heteropoda davidbowie. I really can't say if my male is mature now. It's so easy to judge it in tarantulas, but in the case of true spiders it's a mystery. Anyway, the male looked a little interested in the female, but was too shy to approach it.
Tego samego wieczoru próbowałam dopuścić moje Heteropoda davidbowie. Naprawdę trudno powiedzieć czy mój samiec jest już dojrzały. Łatwo to ocenić u ptaszników, ale u pająków właściwych jest to dla mnie zagadką. W każdym razie, samiec wydawał się odrobinę zainteresowany samicą, ale był zbyt nieśmiały żeby się zbliżyć.
My female Heteropoda davidbowie is the most beautiful spider ever!!! <3
A moja samica Heteropoda davidbowie jest najpiękniejszym pająkiem!!! <3

0 komentarze:

Prześlij komentarz